- April 19: Archbishop Alphege of Canterbury is murdered by his Danish captors.
- May 18: Pope Benedict VIII succeeds Pope Sergius IV as the 143rd pope.
- Mael Morda starts a rebellion against Brian Boru in Ireland, which eventually ends in 1014 at the Battle of Clontarf.
- King Máel Coluim mac Cináeda of Alba reputedly defeats a Danish army at Cruden Bay in Buchan.
- Sulayman is restored as Umayyad caliph of Cordoba, succeeding Hisham II.
- King Ethelred of England pays Danegeld to Viking raiders.
- Oldrich succeeds Jaromir as Duke of Bohemia.
- Regional Tribunals in the Order of Hermes.
- Gregory VI becomes antipope.
- The end of the Schism War in the Order of Hermes. The last followers of House Diedne are destroyed and the House ceases to exist.
- The Tremere hold their Decennial Council at Coeris in the Transylvanian Tribunal.