- A second wave of crusaders arrives in the newly established Kingdom of Jerusalem, after being heavily defeated by Kilij Arslan I at Heraclea Cybistra (see Crusade of 1101).
- Raymond IV of Toulouse, count of Tripoli, takes Ankara from the Seljuk Turks.
- King Baldwin I of Jerusalem captures Arsuf (in April) and Caesarea (in May).
- Robert Curthose signs the Treaty of Alton, giving up his claim to the Anglo-Norman throne and establishing Henry I as King of England.
- The County of Berg, Germany is established.
- Canute II of Denmark is canonized.