- March 4 – King John of England makes an oath to the Pope as a crusader to gain the support of Innocent III.
- June 15 – King John of England is forced to put his seal on the Magna Carta, outlining the rights of landowning men (nobles and knights) and restricting the king's power.
- August – King John of England rejects the Magna Carta, leading to the First Barons' War.
- August 24 – Pope Innocent III declares the Magna Carta invalid.
- November – The Fourth Council of the Lateran is held.
- The Dominican Order is founded, according to some sources.
- Pope Celestine V (d. 1296)
- Pope John XXI (d. 1277)
- Henry of Hainault, head of the Eastern Latin Empire
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.