- Erik Segersäll is succeeded by Olof Skötkonung, the first baptized ruler of Sweden.
- Basil II lifts the siege of Aleppo by mounting his entire army and transferring it across Anatolia in sixteen days.
- Constantine III becomes King of Scotland.
- Boleslaus II of Bohemia massacres the Slavnik's dynasty at Libice.
- Olaf Tryggvason is crowned King of Norway and builds the country's first church.
- Canute the Great
- Guido of Arezzo, Italian musician
- Abolfazl Beyhaghi, Persian historian and author
- Olaf II of Norway